This weekend the qualifier action continues in Iowa and New Jersey! Four winners (2 from each event) will be declared between Big Dog Billiards (Iowa) and Sandcastle Billiards (New Jersey) for the 75th World Tournament of 14.1 on July 13-19th.
The winners in the first qualifier (June 6th) at Red Shoes Billiards in Chicago were Ron Dobosenski and Bob Cozzolino (1st and 2nd respectively). This will be Dobosenski’s debut at the World Tournament of 14.1 and Cozzolino’s 4th appearance. John Lavin of Red Shoes Billiards & World 14.1 Ambassador Dennis Walsh hosted and promoted the event.
Remaining Qualifier Schedule:
- June 13th Big Dog Billiards Iowa (515) 266-6100 – Big Dog Billiards enters the history books with the first ever 14.1 qualifier (and possibly first 14.1 event ever ) in Des Moines, Iowa.
- June 14th Sandcastle Billiards (732) 632-9277 NJ – Sandcastle Billiards in Edison, New Jersey will host their 4th straight qualifier. Pool enthusiast Ed “Sandman” Liddawi will be running the event.
- June 20th National Amateur Pool League at Amsterdam Billiards NYC -A special National Amateur Pool League members only qualifier will be held for the 3rd straight year in New York City at the world famous Amsterdam Billiard Club. Tony & Gail Robles will be putting on this event for the NAPL.
- June 27th Easy Street Billiards CA (831) 333-0825 – It was only a matter of time before New Yorker turned Californian Danny Barouty grew a west coast straight pool crowd as he runs the first qualifier held in California at Easy Street Billiards.
- June 27th Amsterdam Billiards , NYC (212) 995-0333 – The finale qualifier will be held at Amsterdam Billiards in New York City.
The equipment sponsors for the World Tournament of 14.1 are Viking Cue with all matches played on Andy Cloth – For more information CLICK HERE