For the 10th year in a row, qualifiers will be held nationwide for the 75th edition of The World Tournament of 14.1. Each qualifier winner will be guaranteed a minimal of 6 round robin matches in the finale main event. The main event will take place once more in New York City.
Dragon Promotions said they are “pleased to keep the oldest billiard event in the world alive with the 75th production on July 13th-19th, 2015. As usual, a star studded field is expected this year at Steinway Billiards Cafe, who is once more hosting this world class event”
SPONSORS & EVENT PARTNERS
Viking Cue with all matches played on Andy Cloth. Event partners include Mr.Tom Gleich, Dr. Gregory Diehl, Mr. Greg Hunt of Amsterdam Billiards, & Mr. Jim Gottier of Greenleaf’s Pool Room. Patron sponsors include Mr. Harold Siegel of Excelsior Graphics, Dr. James Heller, Mr. Charles Eames of Charles Eames Photography, Frank Scharbach of Frank’s Billard Cafe, and the National Amateur Pool League.
Official media partners are NYCGrind, Pool & Billiard Magazine, Cryfoto Photography & tech support by Gotham City Technologies. The World Tournament will be live streamed on AZBTV .
“It may not be the most financially rewarding production we put on, but it is definitely one of the most spiritually rewarding events we do because of the enthusiastic support of the players and fans. Being the caretakers of one of pool’s most precious gems is something we take seriously and have come to enjoy”, said Cindy Lee, CEO of Dragon Promotions who has overseen the World Tournament for a decade now.
“I get excited each year to see what new players qualify for the Worlds. Those players are always so wide-eyed and thrilled every moment to be there, and I guess I feel the same emotions vicariously through them! But each and every player in the qualifying heats are also part of the overall World Tournament experience. It’s the only major tournament in the United States that has a major organized qualifying system. Which is a credit to the prestige of the title. Straight pool is the father of all games, so it’s understandable that this is one of the most looked forward to events of the year for pool enthusiasts”, says Charlie Williams, Executive Producer of the World Tournament.
• June 6th Red Shoes Billiards Chicago (708) 388-3700 – The first qualifier kicks off this weekend, making it 9 years in a row for Red Shoe Billiards in Chicago, Illinois. Room owner John Lavin and 14.1 supporter extraordinaire Dennis Walsh will be running the show.
• June 13th Big Dog Billiards Iowa (515) 266-6100 – Big Dog Billiards enters the history books with the first ever 14.1 qualifier (and possibly first 14.1 event ever ) in Des Moines, Iowa.
• June 14th Sandcastle Billiards (732) 632-9277 NJ – Sandcastle Billiards in Edison, New Jersey will host their 4th straight qualifier. Pool enthusiast Ed “Sandman” Liddawi will be running the event.
• June 20th National Amateur Pool League at Amsterdam Billiards NYC -A special National Amateur Pool League members only qualifier will be held for the 3rd straight year in New York City at the world famous Amsterdam Billiard Club. Tony & Gail Robles will be putting on this event for the NAPL.
• June 27th Easy Street Billiards CA (831) 333-0825 – It was only a matter of time before New Yorker turned Californian Danny Barouty grew a west coast straight pool crowd as he runs the first qualifier held in California at Easy Street Billiards.
• June 27th Amsterdam Billiards , NYC (212) 995-0333 – The finale qualifier will be held at Amsterdam Billiards in New York City.
Amsterdam has been a huge supporter of the World Tournament of 14.1 from the start of its resurrection in 2006 and has held a qualifier every year for 10 years straight, giving them the distinction of being the only billiard room to do so. This has all been due to the enormous generosity of Greg Hunt, owner and founder of Amsterdam Billiard Club since 1989. The iconic Amsterdam Billiards has been an industry leader in billiard rooms worldwide for 26 years. 21 players have qualified for the World 14.1 here including last year’s Jonathan Smith and Hunter Lombardo.
For info on Tickets, World 141 Club, Vendors, Sponsorships/Support, 5th Annual Straight Pool Hall of Fame, CLICK HERE
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dragon Promotions 1-407-782-4978. Full event info is at Dragon Promotions CLICK HERE
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS – Dragon Promotions & Orlando Synergy are event organizing and marketing companies respectively. Dragon Promotions is one of the leading producers of billiards and sports programming in the world today covering billiards, tennis, football, golf, MMA, charity events and more. In a span of 14 years, Dragon Promotions has produced over 300 international events airing on TV networks globally from the USA, China, Philippines, South Korea, Canada, the Middle East, all of Asia, and Europe. Events include The World Tournament of 14.1, KIA Motors Football Korea vs Philippines, The Women’s International Pool Championship , Dragon MMA Combat Night, The African American TennisTournament, The Queens Cup, The Orlando Summer Tennis Open, The International 10-Ball Championship, King & Queen of Carom, The Typhoon Haiyan Tennis Tournament, Pro Pool Schools, Women’s Trickshot Challenge, World Junior 10-Ball Championships, The World Mixed Doubles, the Vietnamese Tennis Open and many more. Visit www.dragonpromotions.com . For interest in marketing and branding your company, business, or events please contact Orlando Synergy at 1-407-782-4978 or email email@example.com